User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 04:39:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Contact the Forum Administrator

Pat's Featured Product

Craftsy

Recent Topics

Like This Site?

Help keep it going.

Advertisement

Visiti Pat's Other Web Sites

Pat Sloan's Newsletter --- Sign up for the newsletter so you don't miss out!

Pat Sloan's Corner --- Pat's main blog for quilting and everything else she wants to tell you about.

Pat Sloan's QuiltersHome --- Pat's main Quilting Site. See what's up in Pat's studio. Get the latest news on Pat's new designs.

Pat Sloan's Web Store --- Go shopping for everything Pat Sloan. Get Pat's fabric, kits, books and patterns... and other things she has to have!

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 413   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pat's blog today  (Read 333625 times)
dixie
QMU Princess

Decided I needed a pic, & this is who I picd

« Reply #3555 on: June 09, 2012, 10:23:00 PM »

I'm not Pat, but the wild 'n free background is for her pattern MaMa's Garden. It's a really cool pattern.

Dixie  Smiley
madakamom
QMU Princess

« Reply #3556 on: June 09, 2012, 10:25:15 PM »

Thanks Dixie... but what I was asking was that I took a class with Pat in Jonesboro and I thought it was Wild & Free but we did the Sampler Basket background instead.

hm

madakamom.blogspot.com
dixie
QMU Princess

Decided I needed a pic, & this is who I picd

« Reply #3557 on: June 10, 2012, 10:46:04 AM »

Oh sorry hm. Misunderstood. Maybe she switches back & forth for those backgrounds. Keeps it more interesting for her.

Pat, feel free to jump in here anytime. LOL Grin

Dixie  Smiley
KarenInTucson
QMU Princess

« Reply #3558 on: June 10, 2012, 02:05:05 PM »

Pat - haven't heard of XOXO ice cream - looks so yummy.   Safe driving home and happy the rain has stopped!

Karen in Sunny Tucson, Arizona
Pat
Administrator
Quilting Queen

Hey this is PAT!

« Reply #3559 on: June 11, 2012, 07:23:51 AM »

I used to give places choices on the Wild and Free quilt.. now everyone does Ma-Ma's Garden

you can see some finished ones Bobbie in my folder at my blog.. but not as many people send me finishes. I did get one onto my blog a week or so ago.... have not had time to put it in the folder. If you go to my store and put ma-ma in the search you'll find the quilt photo.

on the radio today are 4 fantastic designers I chatted with at Quilt Market!
http://blog.patsloan.com/

Pat Sloan
Quilt Obsessed Forum Owner
lovetostitch
QMU Princess

« Reply #3560 on: June 11, 2012, 08:23:31 AM »

Soooo excited!! and I will be home waiting!!! xo

Linda P
Pat
Administrator
Quilting Queen

Hey this is PAT!

« Reply #3561 on: June 12, 2012, 07:26:54 AM »

book tour!

http://blog.patsloan.com/2012/06/pat-sloan-shape-workshop-for-quilters-book-tour.html#comments

Pat Sloan
Pat
Administrator
Quilting Queen

Hey this is PAT!

« Reply #3562 on: June 13, 2012, 07:37:05 AM »

UFO BUSTING!
Fri June 15 to Sun June 17
http://blog.patsloan.com

Pat Sloan
deb f
QMU Princess

« Reply #3563 on: June 13, 2012, 09:39:40 PM »

Yay for UFO busting! My UFO goal is to bind a quilt for my bed. It is going to have a scalloped binding so I have been afraid to start! I WILL DO IT on friday!

Deb in Rochester
KarenInTucson
QMU Princess

« Reply #3564 on: June 13, 2012, 09:55:13 PM »

Deb,  If you would like a little guidance, check out this video from Missouri Star.  Hope it will help you get motivated.  Someday I want to do one now that I have seen the video.  Putting on the binding begins about 8 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIHhTxTpMQ0
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:58:42 PM by KarenInTucson » Logged

Karen in Sunny Tucson, Arizona
4dreamsr
QMU Princess

« Reply #3565 on: June 13, 2012, 10:01:44 PM »

UFO I'm working on has scallop borders too, just WH tho. The border is Mary Engelbrit print on BLACK. It was hard enough to mark scallops 1st time, then working with quilt, marking got rubbed off.

Marked again then sewed with long machine basting stitch with white thread. That is line for me to sew binding & trim.

Cynthia in Alabama
Mary Val
QMU Princess

« Reply #3566 on: June 14, 2012, 05:24:42 AM »

I'm in on the UFO bustin' weekend!!   Going to quilt a baby quilt, the one with the lobster fabric.  Bought the backing fabric for it yesterday. Have to make the binding for it too, and then sew it on.  This thing is so bright, the new parents will be able turn off the lights in the baby's room at night and use the quilt for a nightlight.

Mary Val
lovetostitch
QMU Princess

« Reply #3567 on: June 14, 2012, 07:45:01 AM »

UFO I'm working on has scallop borders too, just WH tho. The border is Mary Engelbrit print on BLACK. It was hard enough to mark scallops 1st time, then working with quilt, marking got rubbed off.

Marked again then sewed with long machine basting stitch with white thread. That is line for me to sew binding & trim.

Cynthia, try those FRIXION pens - I've also been using them for my embroidery.  Slight heat of the iron and the mark is gone, however you wouldn't see it once your binding was on any how, in this case.

Linda P
Pat
Administrator
Quilting Queen

Hey this is PAT!

« Reply #3568 on: June 14, 2012, 08:20:10 AM »

great tips!!!

another book tour today... and this afternoon the next Beginners QAL.. easy peasy blocks!

http://blog.patsloan.com/2012/06/pat-sloan-book-tour-for-making-life-beautiful.html

Pat Sloan
4dreamsr
QMU Princess

« Reply #3569 on: June 14, 2012, 12:57:30 PM »

Anxious for next block Pat. I didn't need to do this, but seemed so easy & fun & will prob pick up some info I didn't already know. Also may do some of those Craftsy blocks & put in same quilt.

Linda I got to write that name down,know you or someone had talked bout them before. I looked at Walmart & didn't see, but will get someone to look at joanns or hancocks for me. Would the FRIXION pens show on black?

I'm also needing a 60*triangle ruler for yet another guild project, but this will be our own design so should be fun. I love making a mess then figuring out what to do with it!

Cynthia in Alabama
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 413   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 3 © Bloc