User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 01:30:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Contact the Forum Administrator

Pat's Featured Product

Craftsy

Recent Topics

Like This Site?

Help keep it going.

Advertisement

Visiti Pat's Other Web Sites

Pat Sloan's Newsletter --- Sign up for the newsletter so you don't miss out!

Pat Sloan's Corner --- Pat's main blog for quilting and everything else she wants to tell you about.

Pat Sloan's QuiltersHome --- Pat's main Quilting Site. See what's up in Pat's studio. Get the latest news on Pat's new designs.

Pat Sloan's Web Store --- Go shopping for everything Pat Sloan. Get Pat's fabric, kits, books and patterns... and other things she has to have!

Pages: 1 ... 1121 1122 [1123] 1124 1125 ... 1795   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What Pat's working on, what are YOU working on?  (Read 1008503 times)
Irishapples
QMU Princess

DH and I

« Reply #16830 on: November 26, 2012, 02:41:47 PM »

Cutting fabric for my cousin's middle daughter's quilt.  Then off to sub for the afternoon.  Will see about sewing some more when I get home this afternoon.

Onion soup simmering in the crock pot.

Pat
Administrator
Quilting Queen

Hey this is PAT!

« Reply #16831 on: November 26, 2012, 04:21:02 PM »

oohhh.. thank you for the wishes!!! The M&Ms are adorable!

Pat Sloan
Quilt Obsessed Forum Owner
lovetostitch
QMU Princess

« Reply #16832 on: November 26, 2012, 07:11:03 PM »

Wanda, that sounds yummy and would hit the spot about now!!!

Linda P
bbmolony
QMU Princess

« Reply #16833 on: November 26, 2012, 09:54:13 PM »

I got fabric for TWO deacon's stoles cut out this afternoon.  The blue one and the purple one.  The funny thing is.... Both the purple and the blue fabric are the same pattern!  It's a very subtle and delicate branches pattern by Robert Kaufman - really pretty.  I just think it's funny that I picked them out on the same  day - the same time, even, and didn't realize they were the same design until after I started cutting!

I was going to continue working on them this evening - pinning and prepping - but while eating supper I got hit with an attack of the dizzies.  Can't hardly walk, so I took a dizzy pill, and just have to wait for it to kick in.

Bobbie in Lockport, IL
dixie
QMU Princess

Decided I needed a pic, & this is who I picd

« Reply #16834 on: November 26, 2012, 10:08:58 PM »

I'm back...........!!! Grin Grin Had a good trip. Glad to be home though. Flights were all full, full, full. Holiday travelers, sorry, but ugh Tongue

just jumping in before I get all caught up reading.

Deb, Love the pine burr pillow. It turned out great. Glad you had a good family time.

Karen, Friday night in Phoenix was awesome. We ate outside at a little Mexican cafe, across the street from our hotel.

CLT had turkey dinner for all working crew on Thursday. It was very good. We were able to grab  some dinner on our way thru to Ct. It didn't matter that the hotel restaurant was closed. I was full Grin & had left over turkey with me anyway.

Mary Val, Love your Baltimore. Edyta's patterns are really cool.

Glad everyone had a good turkey day. And I hope you all are done your shopping. I'm going out to do battle later this week Grin

Linda, Hope you are feeling better. Glad you had fun with your girls.

Dixie  Smiley
dixie
QMU Princess

« Reply #16835 on: November 26, 2012, 10:13:16 PM »

Shirley, That is a great pic. Wow, you & your sis's really look alike. Awesome.

Pat, Hoping you had a very Happy Birthday today.

Sharon, Haven't read far enough yet, but sure hope your Sunday turkey day was a fun one for you.

Wanda, How'd you do with those eggs in the pie Huh

hm, So sorry for your loss. And, you are one truly amazing woman. I don't know how you do it all. But, you manage to do it & get it all done. Truly an inspiration, especially to this procrastinator. Huge hugs to you Kiss

Dixie  Smiley
madakamom
QMU Princess

« Reply #16836 on: November 26, 2012, 10:56:04 PM »

Thank you Dixie!  I know I get stuff done, so why do i feel like i'm getting no where fast!  I have so much i want to do, i get started then distracted and then divide my time between too many things... sewing being just one.  Im thinking that after the holidays I may cut back on customer work and try to concentrate on one project at a time so that I can get more done next year.

madakamom.blogspot.com
Irishapples
QMU Princess

DH and I

« Reply #16837 on: November 27, 2012, 03:08:16 AM »

Dixie thank you for asking.  I actually could tell a difference. I was very achy for two days after eating the cheesecake with eggs and the corn pudding with eggs.  Though it could have been the wheat in the stuffing or the milk in the mashed potatoes.  My knees were killing me.  Even though my DH thinks the naturopath is a quack, I think she is on to something.

Pat
Administrator
Quilting Queen

Hey this is PAT!

« Reply #16838 on: November 27, 2012, 08:27:54 AM »

HM maybe a goal sheet... and mark off what you DO and keep it to look at. Do one a week. I know how you feel.. I think many of us get things done but also have so much we WANT to do it's hard to remember the amount we do accomplish. if you don't already make a   list and keep the progress list, maybe it will work for you!..

QUESTION

What do you recommend to get rid of chalk lines for quilting or blue marker for quilting? I don't use either, but someone wrote me who can't get rid of the chalk lines... she also used the blue marker.

Sew A Long

Red Apple Lane Sew A Long starts today!
http://blog.patsloan.com/2012/11/pat-sloan-red-apple-lane-sew-a-long-block-1.html

Pat Sloan
bbmolony
QMU Princess

« Reply #16839 on: November 27, 2012, 08:49:33 AM »

Pat,
Re: Blue Marker - I found that the blue lines are supposed to come out with water - and they DO! You just have to use lots and lots of water.  If you just use a little, the lines seem to go away, and then come back.  I was so frustrated with one project that I ran it under the faucet completely for a long time - and voila! they didn't come back.

Wanda, I am also allergic to eggs, in addition to birds in general, and I have found a couple of good substitutes (in a magazine called "Living Without") - I use 4 oz. of applesauce for 1 egg - works great  Can also use a flax seed concoction.  I understand that also works great.  I fix a pretty mean meat loaf now, with 1 container of applesauce for the egg - tastes great, cannot even taste the applesauce.  Also works good in baked goodies.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 08:54:22 AM by bbmolony » Logged

Bobbie in Lockport, IL
Sarah Vee
QMU Princess

I'm gonna FLOURISH in 2014!

« Reply #16840 on: November 27, 2012, 09:41:40 AM »

I've heard of the applesauce trick too - as a way of cutting out the cholesterol.

Pat - love the DONE list! I'm feeling that overwhelm right now too. I went searching for fabrics to start Bonnie's mystery Roll Eyes and found so many UFOs that I still love that I decided to just stop being silly and get something DONE! Especially since I just might be headed off to teacher's college next year. . . my goal is to finish my quilts to hang in MY classroom! Wouldn't that be great! It's certainly motivating me right now Wink Smiley

Bobbie - your stoles sound like they will turn out beautifully. I still want to make my dad another green one for Pentecost. I keep putting it off -will have to schedule it in.

Dixie - glad you're back safe and sound. I'm still looking forward to my next round of turkey in mid-December. Bring on the pies and baked goods! Kiss

Sarah V in Northern Ontario, Canada
dixie
QMU Princess

« Reply #16841 on: November 27, 2012, 10:23:19 AM »

hm, I feel your pain in the overwhelmed dept. What I did, that works for me, & thanks to Pat for the push; I have a 3 ring binder. I've got one section for UFO's & their progress, each one is listed on a separate piece of paper. I like hard copies, old school Roll Eyes I list the UFO's as I take down a new tub of them.
Another section for quilts waiting to be quilted, as I finish a UFO to the top, I move its note paper to this secion.
As I finish each project, they go into the finished quilts section. And, it doesn't matter if it's a quilt or a crochet or a needlework project. I count my projects only, even though I put everything in the finished section, even the quilts I do for charity & my Aunt's. They just don't get a number. Since last Dec. I've finished 47 projects of my own. Granted some are just 12", BUT they are finished Grin Grin Grin I feel much better about my progress now & will keep doing this. I'll start over in Dec. & see if I can beat my total for next year.

Does that make sense to anyone else Huh Huh I had so many things started & kept starting new stuff & felt like I wasn't getting anywhere. Then when Pat, did the 12 step UFO program, a light bulb went off. Now I'm accomplishing more & have a tangible record of what I'm doing & where I am with it. Feels so GOOD Grin

Dixie  Smiley
dixie
QMU Princess

« Reply #16842 on: November 27, 2012, 10:27:00 AM »

I usually wash my quilts after they are done. Since they have most likely been sitting for several years ::)awhile & that pretty much takes care of any markings. I've never had a problem with chalk just brushing off, so can't really help you there. I will say, don't ever use a hot iron anywhere near any kind of markings. I think that pretty much sets them forever.

Sarah, That will make your classroom feel so special for you. To hang your own WH there YAY!

Wanda, I say if the doc makes you feel better, then go for it. It's your body

Dixie  Smiley
Pat
Administrator
Quilting Queen

Hey this is PAT!

« Reply #16843 on: November 27, 2012, 10:52:59 AM »

I'm going to run the 12 Steps again.. this time One per month in 2013... and maybe an extra tip or two along the way!!!

I am not starting anything major that is not work related.. as I too have a large selection of projects I want to make and I still love.. the piles of fabric are waiting on me.. wink!! So those will be done as my 'me' projects (meaning not for work.. I have those too!)

A binder is such a great way to SEE that you DID accomplish things. A digital photo journal at your blog or in your computer.. a folder in flickr for DONE. 

Sarah it sounds like a good plan to finish things you love rather than start a massive new project.  Start a SMALL project to feed the 'make something new'... that is what I'm doing!

Thanks for the tips of getting out marks.. sent them to the quilter that wrote me

Pat Sloan
dixie
QMU Princess

« Reply #16844 on: November 27, 2012, 12:06:08 PM »

Pat, That will be great to re-visit those tips again. Thanks for that.

My UFO's are still to daunting to me to pull them all out & go thru them. They are all in one place & right now that works. I just pull one tub at a time. I can see them. Most of the tubs are clear, so they are just patiently waiting their turns. Now that life has slowed down, & I have some more me time, I'll be able to get back to seriously working on those UFO's. Maybe I just need more machines Grin Having those 2 going seems to be moving those 2 projects toward topville. Why didn't I think of that, like, 10 yrs. ago Huh

Anyone else doing that Huh Huh Using your extra machines to help move projects along Huh Huh

Dixie  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 1121 1122 [1123] 1124 1125 ... 1795   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 3 © Bloc